Search

Monday 20 February 2012

Ultimate Festival Experience!


With Festival fever just around the corner… all you festival goers are currently debating which festival(s) you should attend this summer. 

The Questions you may be continuously asking yourself and your friends may run along the lines of…  “Which festival will have the best entertainment?” or “Which festival is best value for money?”

 So what festival am I going to recommend to my readers? Read on to find out….





Imagine a quiet, country park with picturesque views including a long eight mile stretch of pristine beaches. A perfect location for a festival some would say?  Well a certain festival can provide this fantastic location!



Beach Break Live is the only festival in the U.K which is dedicated to students. Yes you did hear my correctly – a student only festival!

Situated on the coast of West Wales, Beach Break since its birth six years ago has established itself well within the competitive festival market, improving year upon year ranging from the amount of established acts performing at the festival to the actual location of the festival.




For the bargain price of £109, students get the ultimate festival experience – four days and four nights of the finest fun, music and vibe unlike any other festival going. Prior to Beach Break, I had not been to any sort of festival and would recommend it to anyone who wants the ultimate student experience.

Beach Break is the ultimate party amongst 20,000 students – all there for the same reason – to have fun and make friends from other Universities. My experience of Beach Break was incredible due to the fact my best friend’s twenty first birthday was right bang in the middle of the festival where everyone has to dress up in animal costumes which made it even more special!

Me & Jamie Roberts :)

One of my top highlights aside the music may excite Welsh Rugby fans out there! I had the chance to meet Cardiff Blues and Welsh international star Jamie Roberts who is currently studying Medicine part time at Cardiff University.



Jamie is such a down to earth guy who took time out of watching performances to meet and greet the various fans throughout the weekend.









Example @ Beach Break Live
Two acts that significantly stood out for me from the festival are Beardyman and Example. These two acts both know how to get a crowd going!
Check out the video of Example below:












<< Example - Changed the way you kiss me
(Copyright of BeachBreakTV)
















Beardyman @ Beach Break Live 2011
Beardyman is exceptional! His sets are completely live starting off from scratch with sounds he gets the audience to make adding them to his off the spot beat boxing which he live loops throughout his set.
















 Beardyman @ Beach Break Live
(Copyright of Beardyman)

 I would rate him 10/10 Check out the video below of his performance.





My first festival experience is one I shall never forget! I cannot wait to return for this year’s festival to make more friends and get up to more student antics! Watch the Promo below :)

(Copyright of BeachBreakTV)

2 comments:

  1. Very nice review of BB, it really makes me want to go again this year. Completely agree that Example and Beardyman stood out but for me, We are Scientists were the highlight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this blog post. You make good use of multimedia to support your text and the use of photos and videos makes this review very enjoyable to read. I have never been to Beach Break but after reading this review I feel like I have missed out!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Please leave a comment